Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

4 months

I cannot believe my baby girl is 4 months old already. Time has seriously flown! We went to her 4 month doctor visit this morning and here are the stats...
13 pounds 9 ounces (50th percentile)
24 3/4 long (75th percentile)

She had a bit of a bacteria infection on her neck so we were prescribed medicine for that. The doctor also said that we could begin her on solids. I couldn't believe it! Usually doctors tell you to wait until 6 months to start solids. We tried some pears today and she just isn't really liking it. We are going to continue trying for this week and if she still isn't into it then we will wait for another month or so and try again then. I can't believe its already time for solids.

Milestones this month:
Mollie is really talking. She loves to hear herself. She also has begun to laugh a bit more. It completely makes my heart sing when she laughs. She reaches for EVERYTHING. She loves to have things in her hands. She also loves to put her hands in her mouth. She talks a lot when she is laying in front of a mirror. Maybe a little bit vain already :) She would much rather stand than lay down. This girl has strong legs!

I have gone completely to formula :( so sad...but if I were a stay at home mom it would be much easier for me to nurse. She just isn't getting enough from me and I had a bought with mastitis this past week...do NOT want to have that again so I am no longer nursing my baby. Its been really hard. I am not going to lie...I have really struggled with it but understand that its the best thing for her right now.

Happy 4 months baby girl! :) I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment