Well as I just put my baby down for a nap I realize how quickly this time has gone with her. I can't believe that just one week from tomorrow I will be returning to life as it was before Mollie. Honestly, I am very indifferent about it. Part of me knows that financially it is a necessity and I really do like my job but the other part breaks down in tears knowing that I have to leave her for 8 hours a day. Don't get me wrong...we have a great set up with people that will be watching Mollie and I feel 100% confident in their help, but it just doesn't seem right to be leaving her. I can't imagine the day when someone tells me, "guess what Mollie did today." I mean seriously, I want to be the one to tell her daddy that everyday. It's going to be hard but I am praying for peace in this season and know that I will look so forward to every afternoon when I get to walk in the door and see my beautiful little girl.
Mollie, I love you and would love for it to be you and me everyday all day long. Maybe in the future that will be so...but for right now you are blessed to have so many people in your life that love you and want to spend time with you too.

You will do great Bre! Praying for a smooth transition for you all! I kept telling myself that she was sleeping most of the day so the most of what I was missing was her sleeping. Helped me thru my day a little better! AND Mollie loves her momma so she will wait to do major milestones when you are around. That's what Hayden did at least. That was one of my biggest fears too...missing out.But it has been a lot better than I thought it would be:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement Julie! It will be ok....I am sure. I just bet that first week will be difficult. At least we get summers off right! :)
ReplyDeleteOh definitely! PLUS every holiday and extended holidays!:)
ReplyDelete