Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Cry it out...

Well...Mollie has been stuck at 3am lately. I typically get her and feed her and put her back down and she goes back to sleep great! However, we know that she has established a pretty good habit now so we decided to try the whole cry it out routine. Saturday night was our first night and I was extremely nervous about it but she actually did great! She woke up at 2 and cried until 3 but went back to sleep. Woke up and fussed for about 15 minutes at 5 and then woke up at 645 so I got her up because I usually feed her at 7. So all in all not a bad night! It was hard! I cried with her because I felt so mean just letting my baby lay in bed crying. But...I know that she will not hold it against me when she gets older. Before putting her bed last night we wondered how her night would be. She woke up at 315 and cried until 445 :( It was horrible. But she fell asleep finally and I had to wake her up at 7 to feed her. I know that some people are opposed to routines with babies and say to never wake up a sleeping baby...but it has seemed to work well with Mollie. She is pretty much clock work these days during the day. I feed her at 7, we play until 845 then to bed. She wakes up and I feed her at 1030 then nap again at 1215. I wake her up to feed her at 2 and a nap at 345. I feed her at 530 and she has started to drop this evening nap but sometimes she takes one in her swing for like 45 minutes. Or she will just sleep in her car seat if we are out and about.

I am blessed to have such an amazing baby! She is for the most part a very content baby. I just love her so much! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's the hardest part is letting them cry... but it definitely benefits you and her! YAY for routines:)

    ReplyDelete